The holiday season is a time when we remember to give thanks – be it family, friends or loved ones. We reminisce on other things to be grateful for like having an education, a place to live or enough to eat. Being a D’Youville College senior, I know it’s easy to overlook the little things we take for granted on campus but here’s a review of 10:
- Free (relatively-free) printing – Printing is still free and unlimited to students this semester but come January, there will be a limit as to how much we can print at the library. Though this news might be a downer, it’s still relatively free in January!
- D’Youville Academic Center (DAC) has 24-hour study rooms – Now you can finally have a place on study on campus at your convenience!
- ALT, BFAC, KAB and MAD are connected – You’ll be grateful for this in the winter when you take short-cuts to stay toasty and warm.
- The Montante Library is open 24 hours on the 4th floor – Make sure to bring your ID handy just in case you get checked. You can stay as long as you want once you’re in.
- Student Appreciation Days – There’s always free food, swag and games with prize giveaways! What’s not to love?
- Free fitness classes at the College Center (Blue Lounge and Dance Studio) – Check your emails each semester for updates on new times and classes being added! Currently we have Zumba on Mondays, vinyasa yoga and boxing on Tuesdays, Ashtanga yoga on Wednesdays, and karate and boxing on Thursdays.
- Unlimited gym and swimming pool access – Make sure to check the school site and your emails for changes to operating hours. For the fall semester, the gym opens from Mon-Thurs (7 am – 10:50 pm), Fri (7 am – 9:50 pm), Sat-Sun (9 am -9:50 pm). The swimming pool opens Mon (5-10 pm), Tues-Wed (4:30 – 10 pm), Thurs (4-10 pm), Fri (4:30-7:30 pm), Sat (11 am – 3 pm) and Sun (12 pm – 2:30 pm).
- Phone charging stations – A variety of chargers are available if you need to power up your cell phone at the Montante Library!
- Free chiropractic services – Because DYC has a chiropractic program, chiropractic services are available at no cost to members of the D’Youville College campus community, including:
- Members of the religious clergy
Book your appointments for free and get your back checked out!