DYC Campus Perks: Good4U2Go Meals

Have you ever had it when you arrive at school with a whole day of classes looming over5th year Dietetics students you and you realize you forgot to bring lunch? Believe me, this has happened to me on many occasions. By the time lunch rolls around, I find myself famished and in need of some quick energy. I consider my options: 7-11, vending machines, Spartan Café, or going off campus to Morning Glory or Elmwood. I quickly throw out the first two options
knowing that convenience foods just won’t do it for me today. I contemplate going to Spartan Café but realize I have paid them far too many visits in the past week. While Morning Glory and the other cafés on Elmwood sound appetizing, I remind myself that I am on a college student budget and have only a half hour before my next class. Normally when I have found myself in this quandary, I ponder these same options further until I devise a plan of action, hopefully without taking too long. That was until I discovered I had another option on Tuesdays: Good4U2Go lunches.

Good4U2Go Email flyerEvery Tuesday, except for holidays or campus-wide free food days, students from the dietetics department coordinate to-go lunches as part of their Advanced Nutrition Practice course (DTC 631/2). As the fifth year students practice food management skills, they provide students and faculty on campus a great option for a nutritious meal that’s 
tasty and inexpensive. And even better yet,
if you preorder the meal, you can have it Entrance to Dietetics Kitchen in Madonna Halldelivered anywhere on campus! The meals can be ordered on Tuesdays from 10:00-1:00 PM and picked up or delivered from 11:30-1:15. And now for the deal maker – these delicious meals only cost $5. When I tried these meals for the first time on March 27, my $5 got me a water bottle, a chicken Caesar salad, pita bread, and one of the best hummus I have ever tasted.

Good4U2Go lunch in to go container

The best part of the Good4U2Go lunches is that no single meal is repeated in a year. So for those of you who need your taste buds to be entertained, these lunches will do the trick. They have offered everything from vegetable chili and Portobello mushroom burgers to chicken souvlaki, BLT wraps, and quesadillas. I heard the pesto pizza was a huge hit this past month as well! But just to get you all excited for the upcoming Good4U2Go lunch on April 10, I heard they will be serving a scrumptious taco salad with fresh oranges. So on Tuesday when you return from spring break there is no need for you to pack your lunch – try the Good4U2Go meal deal!

Where do you go when you need to grab a bite to eat? Have you ever tried a Good4U2Go lunch? If so, what did you have? Let me know what you think!

About the author

Erin
Erin

Major: Dietetics.
Where I’m from: The Midwest.
When I graduate: I hope to begin my career as a clinical dietitian at a general hospital/ children’s hospital and eventually specialize in preconception and pregnancy nutrition or weight loss counseling.

One Comment

• I had the chicken Cesar last week and loved it! Great idea having students come around campus to take pre-orders. I like that I didn’t even have to leave my office and had a delicious healthy alternative delivered to my door.

© 2011-2015 D'Youville College