Walking Taco, DYC-Style

Before I was even enrolled as a student at D’Youville College I knew and had experienced the great joy that is a Walking Taco. In the most basic terms, it’s a taco…that you can walk with. Now I find myself waiting for that email from the infamous D’Youville “DL Manager” that says it’s a walking taco kind of day. When that e-mail finds my inbox (and it’s always at the time during the semester when it’s really needed), I’m in a mad dash to find the location on campus where the stand is and make sure I am first in line.

So what exactly does it take to make a walking taco? It’s a very simple process, but let it be known that its never the same when you try to do it yourself.

individual fritos bagsStep One: Grab yourself a very un-expecting and boring Fritos bag.

Step Two: Insert taco meat, followed quickly by cheese to allow maximum melting.

Step Three: Top it off with any toppings you may choose. Lettuce, sour cream, jalapeños, onions, and anything else you can find.

Step Four: Use the provided plastic spork to enjoy your first walking taco.

Step Five: Repeat steps 1 through 5 till you can no longer walk away from the table.

students in line for walking tacos

About the author

Webmaster (admin)

© 2011-2015 D'Youville College