What is the Virtual Open House Recording Project?
In light of COVID-19, all on campus open house and campus tour experiences will be postponed – including the Open House scheduled for April 4th. MarCom is working diligently on putting together a virtual open house experience. We are requesting that all participating academic programs select a representative to record a quick audio clip about their program that will then be put together in a video. Directions for participating are below. Please see the list below to see if your department has already participated or has yet to send in an audio clip.
Below is a list of department videos that have been recorded:
Below is a list of department videos that are still needed:
- Global Studies
- Public Health
Don’t see your department on the list? No problem! Follow the directions below and send the audio along!!
What to record:
Please record a short audio clip on your smart phone answering the following questions. It is highly recommended that your script this out beforehand, which will ease the recording process.
- Please introduce yourself.
- In 1-2 lines, tell us about your program.
- Tell us about the careers of a few of your graduates, in 2-3 lines each story.
- Tell us 5 value-added pieces of information about your program (you can use the information recently turned into Academic Affairs, or add on to this).
- Answer 5 frequently asked questions about your program.
How to record:
- Record and share audio on your iPhone.
- Record and share audio on your Droid using the RecForge App (though you can use any audio recording app for this).
What to do with the recording:
Please email the audio clip to email@example.com with the subject line VOHP: Department Title. In the same email, or in a separate email, please also send:
- a photo of yourself and/or department,
- a few photos of department activities.