Over the weekend we’ve compiled several updates to share with the faculty.
The Online Learning team has had several requests for help with Proctorio. To help, we’ve created the attached guide for using Proctorio during COVID-19. In addition to our online team, Proctorio offers 24/7 support by email at email@example.com, or by phone at 1-866-948-9087 or 1-480-428-4076.
eTextbooks For Free: From Rand Bellavia
Barnes & Noble and VitalSource have made eTextbooks available for free for students through May 25th, 2020. Listed eligibility requirements are that students must:
- Attend a 2-year or 4-year institution on a semester academic calendar. A complete list of eligible institutions is available here: https://support.vitalsource.com/hc/en-us/articles/3600445122
- Be enrolled in course(s) that began prior to March 16, 2020
- Use an institution-provided email address
Instructions and further details posted here: https://brockport.libanswers.com/online2020/faq/290777
Checking Attendance in Zoom
Several faculty have asked if they can track attendance via Zoom. Thanks to Bob Grabowski in IT for solving this issue!
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal; either click on the Zoom app link on My D’Youville or visit https://dyouville.zoom.us/.
- Select Reports.
- Click Usage. The Usage report option allows you to view a list of meetings, participants, and meeting minutes for a meeting you hosted.
Recording Zoom Sessions
Faculty can also record their Zoom sessions for student review.
- If you want to record a session:
The Librarians at the Research Desk offer research assistance through email (firstname.lastname@example.org), or via remote consultation by phone. Email us or leave a message at the research desk 716-829-7747 and we will get back to you as soon as possible. Please call 716 998-0523 if you need more immediate assistance.
There is a link a the front of the main library page (that was also sent out to faculty via email and SharePoint) with direct contact information that is being monitored by research librarians. http://library.dyc.edu/
|D’Youville Library | D’Youville Library
The Montante Family Library at D’Youville offers a wide variety of resources. Get access to library hours, information, and begin your research.
Expanded Online Learning Hours
The Online Learning team is exploring all options to meet the needs of faculty during this difficult time. We’re conducting an analysis of our support offerings and procedures to see if there are changes we can make to better serve our faculty and students. In the next day or two we’ll reach out with information on expanded support hours.
Online Faculty Fellows Program
Our online learning partner, Wiley, has recently reached out with some ways to help connect faculty and spread online teaching ideas. Please see the following announcement:
“Wiley has been helping universities put their programs online for over 20 years, and we’re here to support you if you’re feeling anxious or facing challenges approaching the new environment you’re now teaching in. Together with Wiley Fellows, experienced online instructors and administrators who teach at our partner institutions, we’re hosting virtual office hours to answer all your questions.
Each session will be co-hosted by a Wiley Fellow and a veteran online course designer who will be ready to help you:
- Connect with colleagues focused on succeeding, together
- Explore ideas and resources to solve your challenges
- Boost your confidence and thrive in virtual teaching
- Engage students and promote peer-to-peer learning online
Jeremiah Grabowski, PhD
Dean of Online Learning