Creative Strategies for the Health Professional Educator
When: Friday, April 12, 2019
Time: 8:30 AM – 4:15 PM
Food and beverage: A light breakfast and lunch will be served.
Registration: Please register here.
Dr. Judith W. Herrman PhD, RN, ANEF, FAAN, is a nurse, educator, and researcher with a passion for educating and learning across the lifespan. Dr. Herrman has taught many clinical and didactic courses throughout her career and has worked clinically as a nurse, manager, administrator, and educator. She is a national and international speaker on education, adolescent health, intimate partner violence, and adolescent sexual decision-making. As a Professor at the University of Delaware, Dr. Herrman is actively involved in research related to adolescent decision-making and sexuality, interpersonal violence prevention, and teaching strategies focusing on age-related learning. Publications in many and varied journals disseminate results to varied audiences. In 2015, Dr. Herrman published the very popular, Creative Teaching Strategies for Nurse Educators, 2nd Edition.
Dr. Herrman is extremely excited to come to D’Youville College to share with the faculty how to infuse healthcare professional’s education with creativity, fun, and increased learning! The purpose of this presentation will be to offer participants with creative teaching strategies which may be incorporated into healthcare professional’s education practices. These strategies may be used in lecture and the clinical setting to enhance learning, improve retention, and engage today’s learners.
Agenda for the Day:
- 8:30-9:00 Registration/light breakfast
- 9:00-10:30 Creative Strategies for the Classroom: Strategies to build a thinking, learning community and priority setting
- 10:30-10:45 Break
- 10:45-12:00 Creative Strategies for the Classroom: Strategies to build critical thinking and decision-making
- 12:00-1:00 LUNCH
- 1:00-2:15 Creative Strategies for the Clinical Arena
- 2:15-2:30 Break
- 2:30-3:30 Creative Assessment Strategies
- 3:30-4:00 Making Creative Strategies Work
- 4:00-4:15 Conclusion/Evaluation/Adjournment
This event is being presented in collaboration with the following office:
- Institute for Teaching Innovation
- School of Nursing