New Faculty Information
Getting Started at D’Youville
Here is a list of the processing steps from the time you are asked to teach for the college and a few tasks to complete before you start teaching.
- You will be sent a contract by the Office of Academic Affairs once your Chairperson or Director identifies you for hire.
- Human Resources receives your CV from the Office of Academic Affairs. Human Resources will then enter you into the system and a username will be created for you.
- You will receive your username and password from the Office of Academic Affairs by the method of your personal email. If you haven’t received your username and password, please contact the helpdesk.
All faculty members and adjuncts get paid bi-weekly. HR will send you new hire paperwork. If the direct deposit form is completed, your first payment will be direct deposited. Any payroll questions should be directed to Janice Wiegley 716-829-8186. Here is some of the payroll information that is given to the new hires.
- Be sure to pick up an ID card at the Connections office, which will let you into buildings and allow you to print on campus. See: Connections Services
- It is the responsibility of the instructor to order the textbooks for the class they are teaching. The department chair can tell you which textbook is currently used for each class. Instructors should set up an Enlight account in order to order books. If they don’t have an Enlight account, you can create one when you log in on the Web site: https://www.facultyenlight.com/?storeNbr=674 This is the contact information for the DYC College Store, in the College Center: telephone number: 829-7666. Email: email@example.com.
- Here is a Campus Map with building and parking information.
- Sign up for the Emergency Alert System.
Teaching at D’Youville
Here is a list of things to know while teaching during the semester.
- You may park in any of the lots for faculty with the correct parking tag. Purchasing information for parking tags and parking maps can be found here.
- If you have a student who is not attending class, please contact Retention Services and submit a STAR Report for any students of concern.
- Campus events will be announced via the DL Manager, a daily email sent out to the campus.
- Grades are due at the end of each semester for everyone. Midterm grades are also due for freshmen and some sophomores. See: How to Enter Grades
- At any time, you may call Campus Safety for an escort. (716-829-7777)
- Be sure to check College Status – Closings and Cancellations during the semester.
- If you need to cancel class, please notify your chairperson and your students.
The D'Youville College Adjunct Handbook
The D'Youville College Faculty Handbook
- Faculty Resources Web Page
- All-College Resources Web Page
- Campus Ministry (spiritual counseling, volunteer opportunities and a volunteer hours tracking database)
- Annual Security/Fire Safety Report (Clery)
- Campus Safety (safety escort)
- College Status – Closings and Cancellations
- Emergency Alert System – sign up!
- How to see Course Schedule, Course Roster and Enter Grades (midterm for freshmen and some sophomores and final grades for every student)
- Registrar Forms (incomplete, student forms)