Dear Students and Campus Community,

Good day! I hope this email finds you well. I want to take a moment to re-introduce myself to you. I am Dr. Georita Marie Frierson, but go by Dr. G. I was recently appointed on December 21st as the Vice President of Academic Affairs, which I am holding in an interim capacity. During the first weeks of this position, I have held meetings with President Clemo, BG (Chief Student Affairs Officer & Title IX Coordinator), Student Success (Advising), Admissions, Financial Aid Office, your Deans and Chairs, and Dr. Jason Macleod (Chair of the COVID-19 taskforce). These meetings have been very informative and useful.

At this time, I would like to update everyone on five key items:

Spring ’21 Schedule

First, as you know, spring semester officially starts on Tuesday, January 19th, 2021 and it will be another hybrid semester in comparison to the pre-COVID normal (Pharmacy started early on January 4th, 2021). Again, you will be in courses that may reflect various teaching modalities such as face-to-face, hybrid, online, hyflex/rotational synchronous, and other combinations. Please use our live schedule as a resource for your class instruction information and speak to your professors directly should any questions remain. We constructed your courses this semester to meet the needs of our campus community, student success, and faculty excellence. Our exceptional faculty and student affairs staff have prepared an enriching semester for you and look forward to working with each of you.

Self Service/ Live Schedule: https://services.dyc.edu/Student/Account/Login?ReturnUrl=%2fStudent%2f

Canvas: https://www.dyc.edu/about/administrative-offices/online-learning/canvas/

Listening Tours

Your experience at D’Youville is an important time in your life.  With that in mind, secondly, I will be holding monthly zoom listening tours for students to learn more about me and to provide me with feedback about your experiences. The first student listening tour will be Thursday, Jan 28th at 7PM (EST). More details to come.

COVID-19 Updates

Third, with regards to COVID-19, the COVID-19 Working Group has been working diligently to provide additional updates and reminders regarding testing, safety, and other general protocols to support public health. There will be a series of emails coming out this week to assist you with understanding D’Youville’s COVID-19 plans. Please be on the lookout for these important emails, which will subsequently be posted to D’Youville’s COVID-19 website.

Our community, like others across the nation and world, is constantly monitoring COVID-19 and how it impacts Academic Affairs as students pursue their degrees. If there are changes that impact our campus and your classes, you will receive timely emails with updates related to COVID-19. Your safety and well-being are of the utmost importance to us at D’Youville. We are your home away from home.

Personal Care

Fourth, I would like to take a moment to encourage everyone to take care of yourselves inside and outside the classroom. This year has been a challenging time for everyone, and I want to take a moment to remind you of the D’Youville resources such as AllSaintCare, counseling, tutoring, Office of Accessibility Resources, Campus Cupboard and more.

Frequently Asked Questions

Finally, due to the very high volume of email circulating during this hectic time, I encourage you to direct any questions that are not immediately urgent to our Frequently Asked Questions link. We will do our best to identify answers to and send them out to everyone, because it is likely that the answers to whatever questions still exist will be of value to everyone!

FAQs: https://forms.gle/CaH71qvs8z9Gaj73A

Again, if you can make it, I look forward to seeing you on zoom on Thursday, Jan 28th at 7PM (EST).

If I can be of further assistance, please email me.

Wishing you safety and health!

Regards,

Dr.G

Georita M. Frierson, Ph.D.

Vice President of Academic Affairs

Dean and Professor, School of Arts, Sciences & Education (and Business)

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive our monthly compilation.

You have Successfully Subscribed!